Diabetes : Biggest worry in India
As per a recent study,one in 11 Indian adults are living with diabetes. Also, India has the largest share (16.6%) of the world's diabetics after China. When the body is unable to produce insulin for cells to function, it results in diabetes. The lack of insulin triggers excess sugar production in the blood, and this is known as hyperglycemia. This means that your body has way too much glucose, obstructing your regular functions of the heart, eyes, blood vessels, and kidneys. Even though Diabetes is on the rise in India, medical experts determine that timely checkups and early detections can help curb the disease and prevent it from taking control of your life.
- Rapid weight loss
- Blurry vision
- Skin infections
- Increased thirst
- Excessive hunger pangs
- Wounds heal slowly
- Extreme fatigue
- Frequent urination
In Ayurveda, various health issues are linked to the imbalance of doshas. So, chances of Diabetes are high when there is a Kapha Dosha imbalance problem. When Kapha dominance is not counterbalanced with the right diet and lifestyle, it can manifest as diabetes.
COVID-19 and Diabetes
COVID-19 is a virus that has been transmitted from animals to people. In severe cases, it causes infection in the lungs (pneumonia), kidney failure, and even death. During this pandemic, older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as diabetes, heart disease, and asthma) appear to be at high risk. The fluctuations in blood glucose levels and diabetes complications makes it difficult to treat people with diabetes. This is because the immune system is already compromised, making it harder to fight the virus, likely leading to a more extended recovery period. Furthermore, the virus thrives in an environment of elevated blood glucose levels.
What precautions to take if you have diabetes during COVID-19 :
- Prepare you can get ill and make sure you have all relevant contact details in hand.
- Pay extra attention to your glucose control, and if you do show flu-like symptoms, it is essential to consult a doctor.
- Have a sufficient supply of water as infection increases the need for fluids.
- Make sure you have an adequate supply of diabetes medications.
Effects of diabetes on the body
Diabetes can cause long term damage to your body. This is usually called diabetes complications. However, for poorly controlled diabetes, these complications can take several years to develop. So, it is important to control your diabetes.
There are adverse effects of diabetes, let us know them.
- Diabetes increases the risk of heart attacks.
- A common complication is a diabetic retinopathy. Diabetic retinopathy is caused by damage to the blood vessels in the tissue at the back of the eye (retina).
- Poorly controlled diabetes can damage the kidneys. The treatment is to keep it in control.
- Diabetes affects the nerves. It can be serious as the nerves are involved in so many of our bodily functions.
- It can also lead to constipation, diarrhoea, and dry skin.
Home remedies for diabetes or prediabetes
Uncontrolled blood sugar levels are quite a problem lately, and many people are looking for ways to control it naturally. Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that includes daily medication. However, with home remedies, you can reverse the adverse effects of this lifestyle disease.
So, here are some diabetes home remedies:
- Water should be kept and consumed from a copper vessel. It becomes an excellent remedy to stabilize blood sugar.
- Diet plays a crucial role in maintaining blood sugar levels. Your daily routine should include healthy and organic food. You should also limit your carb intake because carbs are broken down to create glucose, thereby raising the sugar levels. An Ayurvedic doctor (Vaidya) can guide you with a proper diet to help your digestion.
- Along with eating sensibly, it is vital to eat on time. So, it is advised to have the heaviest and biggest meal at midday. Additionally, you have to include fibre-rich foods like vegetables and bitter herbs.
- Diabetes makes your organs work more, which leads to dry skin, mouth, and excessive thirst. So, you should drink at least two litres of water a day. When you drink enough water, it helps your kidneys to flush out toxins.
- Stress has a negative impact on diabetes as it leads to a spike in sugar levels. So, the best natural medicine is to follow meditation and yoga. Ayurvedic herbs and medications can also help you to destress and sleep better.
- Good night's sleep for eight hours is vital for health. If you have improper sleeping habits, then it negatively reflects on your blood sugar.
- Exercise is the best gift for good health. Try to incorporate as much movement into your day as possible to keep weight within healthy limits.
- You can also take garlic, fresh Bilwa leaves, and bitter gourd juice daily.
- Avoid taking mid-day naps, quit alcohol and smoking, and go for regular health checkups.
How can Ayurveda help?
Most people are usually skeptical about a natural cure for diabetes. But, what people fail to understand is that Ayurveda heals holistically. So, it attacks the root cause of the problem and not the symptoms. Therefore, Ayurvedic medicines and treatments might not provide immediate results but give long term results.
In today's modern lifestyle, we are moving towards unhealthy habits. The stressful routine can pile up and lead to diabetes. But, if you take control of your routine and turn to healthy lifestyle choices, you can prevent the early onset of this debilitating disease. To control sugar, the key is to take on Ayurvedic methods and medicines.
Maharishi Ayurveda believes in living a healthy and happy life with diabetes. Our well researched and clinically tested product- Glucomap, stimulates the pancreas' beta cells, increases the peripheral utilization of glucose, and arrests glycogenolysis. (Glycogenolysis is the breakdown of the molecule glycogen into glucose, a simple sugar that the body uses to produce energy.) It protects cardiovascular and nerve tissues from degenerative changes, protects the liver, and strengthens its function.
The immuno-regulator,Shilajit in Glucomap, arrests metabolic abnormalities and reduces recurrent infections. Salsaradigan of Glucomap gives an umbrella of protection against all-pervasive degeneration in diabetes. Glucomap also helps alone or as an adjuvant with other OHA in stabilizing blood sugar in type II patients.
Now is the time to control your sugar. Don't wait! Take Glucomap-Ayurvedic remedy for diabetes.
Leave a comment (all fields required)
Comments will be approved before showing up.