Every second of our lives, we are under attack. Billions of bacteria, viruses and fungi and trying to make our bodies their homes. Our bodies have developed an army of complex organisms like guards, armies and intelligent beings that protect us from them. They form the security system, also known as the immune system.
This immune system must communicate with each other, make strategic decisions, activate other cells and kill the enemies. They produce antibodies that not only destroy the germs but also remember them for a lifetime. This memory comes in handy in case the same germ attacks again, thus making you immune to it.
There are 21 different cells and two protein forces that form part of this majestic immune system. They are what keeps us secure and resistant against all these random attacks. Without them, we would really struggle to get far. That is a fact.
Now to the present.
No one saw it coming. But it did. The spiky invaders started spreading like wildfire and attacked everyone in sight. It invaded people and caused a lot of trouble. The security system tried its best to protect them. They succeeded in some cases and failed in some.
The CoronaVirus has literally handicapped the world and brought it to its knees. There isn’t anyone who is left unaffected by the pandemic, one way or the other. With no cure yet, the only thing left for us to do is to stay away from the virus as much as possible and to enhance our immune system.
How it works.
Do you remember the last time you had a cold, cough or fever? It’s entirely possible that you fell ill because your body was fighting germs on your behalf. These invaders enter your body and use your very own cells to create copies of itself. Viruses, for instance, can infect every known living organism.
If you could see these germs, you’d realize that they are all around you—fortunately, we have the immune system to keep us safe and healthy.
If we were able to see viruses with our eyes, we would know that they are all around us. Luckily, the immune system can remove most viruses that make you sick. In some cases, doctors give us medicines that can slow down severe infections to help your immune system fight them.
Every immune system has something to say. The key is for us to listen to it. Unless we strengthen it with the right nutrition, it cannot have the will or the capability to fight for us. This immune system is our very own personal bodyguard that works even when we are asleep. The least we can do is to empower it with what it needs to be resilient.
This is the strategy that the entire world is adopting during the pandemic. Stay Home. Stay Safe. Get Strong.
Maharishi Ayurveda’s Principles
Natural Immunity is the core principle of Maharishi Ayurveda. There are three levels of immunity that Ayurveda recognizes:
- Hereditary (sahaj), the innate level of immunity which you are born with.
- Seasonal and cyclical (kalaj), the fluctuating level of immunity in your body. It changes with the seasons, different stages of life, and planetary cycles.
- Established (yuktikrit), which is a balanced, permanent level of immunity that can be gained by following a healthy ayurvedic diet and lifestyle.
There are three simple principles that Maharishi Ayurveda Believes in: Eat, Sleep and Be Healthy. A healthy gut is the key to a strong immune system, healthy heart and active brain. This leads to an effective digestion and elevated mood. This is true irrespective of what else we are going through. How we nourish ourselves makes a big difference in our ability to resist illnesses and germs.
Home remedies to strengthen immunity
The immune system protects us from illnesses caused by viruses, bacteria, and toxins. It helps remove foreign bodies and malignant cells from our body. Additionally, the defence system is also responsible for down-regulating the immune responses against harmless external triggers. This could include reactions from certain food, or against the bodies' own tissue.
The good thing is that there is something we can do about it ourselves. The local grocery store will have everything you need to strengthen your immune system.
- Citrus fruits: Vitamin C helps you build your immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells. Oranges, amla, lemons and grapefruit are popular choices.
- Broccoli: Supercharged with Vitamin A, C and E along with antioxidants and fibre; broccoli powers up your immune system in a comprehensive way.
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, ginger brings support to the immune system and enhances its response to external or internal triggers.
- Garlic: Found in most cuisines, garlic’s fight against infections make it a must-have in a healthy diet.
- Yoghurt: Filled with live and active cultures along with good bacteria; yoghurt helps stimulate your immune system.
- Spinach: Along with vitamin C, spinach also contains numerous antioxidants and beta carotene. This increases the infection-fighting ability of the immune systems.
- Almonds: The powerful antioxidants that come with almonds is key to kickstarting your immune system every morning.
- Turmeric: A common ingredient in many dishes, turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties make it a widely approved ingredient in most homes.
- Papaya: Loaded with Vitamin C and folate, papaya also brings in anti-inflammatory effects to your system.
- Red bell peppers: This vegetable can match the Vitamin-C in your citrus fruits to strengthen your immune system.
Our Ayurvedic experts at Maharishi Ayurveda recommend the regular consumption of the following natural supplements to ensure high immunity, good health and longevity.
The current scenario might have you wondering about ways to boost your immunity. This is because your body’s first line of defence against any virus is a well balanced immune system. So, don’t wait for a cure. The best approach is to stop the germs from entering your body. Our Super Rasayana Immunity Kit is here to bring the long-lasting immunity.
Why this combo
The Super Rasayana Immunity Kit consists of Amrit Kalash, Prandhara and Anu Thaila.
It is a combination of Rasayanas that balance the doshas and promote longevity and overall health. The Kit brings you the wonderful ability to resist germs and bring relief to your sore throat and blocked nose—a much-needed resolve during this COVID 19 time.
This Maharishi Ayurveda Remedy Kit is a 360* approach towards relief from cough, cold and flu normally encountered during seasonal changes for the entire family. All three products in this kit are made from pure ayurvedic herbs.
Why this combo
The Remedy kit consists of Kasni, Prandhara and Kantha Sudhra.
It is a combination of powerful remedies that clears your respiratory system and provides instant relief from cough.
Prevention is better than cure. As the name clearly suggests, the Immunity Plus kit here is to bring additional support to your immune system.It powers up your resistance to fight off illnesses.
Why this combo
The Immunity Plus Kit consists of Chyawanprash, Prandhara, Anu Thaila and Organic Tulsi.
Each product takes care of you in different ways. Together, they make for an irresistible combination that empowers your body and helps you fight illnesses. With a strong immune system, you can fight off any harm that can befall your body.
Enhance your immunity during this pandemic, and watch the benefits in the long term as well.