Know How to Reduce Uric Acid Naturally
Do you face problems like joint stiffness, swelling in space of joints, or feel pain in your ankles, fingers, or knees? If the answer is yes, it may be time to get a blood or urine test. While many individuals often ignore these problems, considering them as the usual signs of fatigue, these may indicate that their body is dealing with high levels of uric acid. The high uric acid symptoms also include warm, tender joints, joint discomfort, and skin that looks red and shiny.
The condition is serious. It may eventually lead to kidney-related problems, permanent joint bone damage, and heart diseases. Before we learn how to reduce uric acid naturally, let’s understand first what uric acid is and the factors that lead to its increased levels.
Uric Acid and Its Causes
Uric acid is a natural waste product formed when your body breaks down substances called purines. Purines are certain chemical compounds that are present in a few foods and drinks. While most uric acid gets excreted in the form of urine, it can build up in the blood if an individual doesn’t get rid of it fast enough. This usually happens if that person takes too much purine through diet.
While a uric acid level under 6.8 mg/dL is considered normal, a high uric acid level (above 6.8 mg/dL) may be detrimental to your health. The problem is also called hyperuricemia, a condition that causes gout. Often, conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, and high thyroid also cause this health problem. Intake of too much alcohol, soda, or foods that contain fructose, a type of sugar may also cause high uric acid.
In Ayurveda, the problem is referred to as ‘Vatarakt’, which occurs when the Vata dosha and Rakta dhatu (blood tissues) get aggravated. By traveling through the channels of the body, these imbalanced doshas get accumulated at the smaller joints, thereby causing damage to the tissues and bones of the joint. This results in joint pain, stiffness, swelling, and even inflammation.
Ayurveda Tips- Know How to Reduce Uric Acid Permanently
As soon as you notice the symptoms of high uric acid, you can get a blood or urine test to check the levels and consult your healthcare expert. Ayurveda remedies can also help you manage this health problem safely and effectively. This is how to control uric acid and manage its symptoms using herbs and a few remedies-
Avoid High Purine Foods
The first and foremost thing you can do to manage your uric acid levels is to make healthy changes to your diet. If your body is showing the signs, it’s important that you
- Reduce or avoid alcohol, sugar, meat, and seafood as these are high purine foods
- Consume more low-purine foods like peanut butter, nuts, whole-grain items, and low-fat and fat-free dairy products
- Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables
Incorporate Herbs into Your Health Regimen
Nature has bestowed upon us wonderful herbs that work as Ayurvedic medicine for uric acid and reduce its painful symptoms.
Neem- Neem, the herb which is also considered Mother Nature’s blessing gives you many health benefits including helping you manage joint problems caused due to high uric acid.
- Prepare a paste from raw neem leaves. Apply it to the affected area such as swollen and painful joints.
- Neem Tablets can help reduce pain and inflammation in joints.
Giloy- This is one of the best Ayurvedic medicine for uric acid. This wonderful herb not only neutralizes the increased uric acid in the body but even reduces arthritis and gout.
- Drinking a glass of Giloy juice helps you bring down your uric acid levels. This even helps reduce joint inflammation, thereby managing joint pain, swelling, and stiffness.
- Taking 2-4 tablets of Maharishi Ayurveda Giloy Ghan is very beneficial in managing uric acid levels.
Turmeric – Turmeric or Curcuma longa is often used as a spice and thus, it is available in every Indian kitchen. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is extremely good for your joint health and helps you bring down uric acid naturally
- Apply turmeric paste on the swollen joints to reduce soreness and inflammation.
- Add optimum amounts of turmeric in cooking to treat it from within.
- Take Maharishi Ayurveda Organic turmeric capsules daily. This helps you maintain healthy joints and maintain the levels of uric acid.
This versatile herb has powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Owing to this property of ginger, it reduces inflammation and swelling and lowers blood uric acid levels.
- Mix one pinch of ginger with 1 cup of water. Taking this drink helps you control uric acid and helps manage joint pain.
- Add ginger to your food items to get its benefits.
Triphala – The Ayurveda remedy, Triphala Tablets, is a combination of three fruits- Bibhitaki, Amalaki, and Haritaki- all potent herbs with Ayurvedic goodness that benefits your health. Taking this Ayurvedic supplement helps treat uric acid in the body. Additionally, its anti-inflammatory properties help you manage health issues related to gout.
Guggul- This potent herb pacifies Vata dosha, thereby stabilizing the uric acid amount in the blood. Taking Guggul helps you alleviate pain and inflammation in the joints.
Drink enough water- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water to reduce uric acid levels. This helps your kidneys flush out uric acid faster.
Practice Yoga Asanas – Doing certain yoga asanas daily prevents uric acid from affecting your joints. These include simple yoga practices like Vrikshasana (Tree Pose) and Tadasana (Mountain Pose).This is how you can practice Tadasana daily.
- Stand straight, keeping your feet together,
- Keep your shoulders relaxed, and arms at your sides
- Take a deep breath
- Gently raise your hands overhead so that the palms face each other
High uric acid causes gout and other serious health conditions. Fortunately, by correcting your diet, using nature’s best herbs, and doing Yoga Asanas, you can effectively keep your uric acid levels in control.
Leave a comment (all fields required)
Comments will be approved before showing up.