A meal with Saffron
Saffron is bitter-sweet to taste, with a touch of astringent. It balances all three doshas, assists with food allergies and enables easy digestion.
It is an effective medicine for headaches (migraine related). It also helps revitalize the female reproductive system along with blood circulation.
- Basmati Rice: 1 cup
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Salt: As needed
For the seasoning
- Saffron: 2 small pinches
- Hot water: 2.5 cups
- Room temperature water: 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves: 3
- Cinnamon: 3-4 pieces of a bark
- Cloves: 5
- Wash, rinse and drain the rice. Soak saffron in water (room temperature) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add ghee to a frying pan (medium heat), and add all the ingredients for the seasoning.
- Reduce the heat, add the rice and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add saffron and pour hot water into the pan. Transfer to a rice cooker and cook.
- Stir twice in half an hour to keep it from sticking.