Taste from the Roots - Almond Pudding
½ cup blanched almonds
⅔ cup boiling water
1½ cups milk
½ cup cream
1½ tablespoons semolina flour
3½ tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons toasted almond slivers for garnishing
Pinch of cardamom
- Place the almonds in a bowl, add the boiling water and soak for two hours.
- Blend almonds with soaking water in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade until smooth. Add ½ cup of the milk and process into smooth almond milk.
- Combine the remaining milk and cream in a nonstick pan and bring to a boil over high heat. While stirring constantly, sprinkle in the semolina, and pour in the almond milk and sugar.
- Reduce heat to moderately low and simmer, stirring frequently until it thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Stir with a whisk if the texture is clumpy. Add a pinch of cardamom and cool to room temperature. Pour pudding into four dessert bowls or parfait glasses and garnish with toasted almonds.
This pudding is a tasty way to enjoy the many health benefits of almonds. It is rich in dietary fiber and assists in lowering bad LDL cholesterol in the body as a result of its monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats contents. Almonds are a small tasty Indian nut. Kapha types need to add a pinch of dry ginger and eat this in moderation. Whole almonds are eaten raw or toasted, while almond oil is used in cosmetics and massage oils. Almonds are also highly regarded in Ayurveda for their nutritional value and vata-pacifying effect.
Benefits of Almond
- Almonds deliver a massive amount of nutrients.
- Almonds are loaded with antioxidants which protect your cells from oxidative damage.
- Almonds are rich in magnesium which offers improvements for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating a handful of almonds can lead to mild reductions in bad LDL cholesterol.
- Boosts physical energy.
- Helps in the growth of the brain cells.
- Almonds provide nutrient that improves bone mineral density and strengthens the skeletal system.
- Almonds can be used as a preventive measure for anemia.
- It contributes to healthy metabolism and bone tissue.
- Almonds provide vitamin E needed for healthy skin.
Benefits of Milk
- Milk is loaded with nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, proteins, healthy fats and antioxidants.
- Milk being the rich source of protein helps reduce age-related muscle loss and promotes muscle repair.
- Milk contains calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus and magnesium which benefit bone health.
- Milk lowers the risk of obesity.
Benefits of Cardamom
- Cardamom helps lower blood pressure level due to its antioxidant properties.
- Cardamom is rich in an antioxidant compound that fights inflammation.
- Cardamom protects against digestive issues.
- Cardamom decreases high blood sugar levels.
Benefits of semolina flour
- Semolina improves cardiovascular health and prevents heart failures.
- Semolina is an excellent source of iron.
- The fiber present in semolina can help the digestive system function.
- The selenium present in semolina is known to strengthen your immune system.
Leave a comment (all fields required)
Comments will be approved before showing up.