Broccoli Rice Casserole
5 medium broccoli crowns (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
1 Tbsp. ghee
2 tsp. Subji Spice Mixture
1 cup basmati rice
2¼ cups water
2 ribs celery (chopped bite size)
7 oz. vegetable broth
Fresh ground black pepper
- Lightly fry the spice mixture in ghee in a small saucepan and add rice and water.
- Boil rice, covered tightly for five minutes in the water. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish as the first layer.
- Add chopped celery and broccoli and pour the vegetable broth over the top. Cover and bake at 400° F for 25 minutes.
- When done, remove cover and season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy the health benefits of broccoli with this delicious ayurvedic recipe for broccoli rice casserole. Eating fresh, home-cooked foods is a great way to promote vibrant health and longevity.
Health benefits of broccoli
- It is packed with vitamins and minerals.
- It contains multiple potent antioxidants that support healthy cells and tissues.
- Bioactive compounds may contribute to reducing inflammation.
- Broccoli may have a cancer-preventative effect.
- Antioxidants and fiber present may aid blood sugar control.
- It may reduce various heart disease risk factors and prevent heart tissue damage.
Health benefits of basmati rice
- It has a lower glycemic index, which can help to regulate a diabetic person’s blood sugar.
- It’s good for dieting and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It contains a high amount of fiber which promotes in a healthy cardiovascular system.
- It’s a great digestion/constipation aid.
- It can lower blood pressure levels.
- It promotes healthy brain function.
Health benefits of celery
- Celery is a great source of important antioxidants.
- IT reduces inflammation.
- Celery supports a healthy digestive tract and keeps you regular.
- Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemia index.
- Celery has a neutralizing effect on acidic foods.
- Celery seed extracts can treat high blood pressure because of their anti-hypertensive properties.
Health benefits of Pepper
- Pepper helps to prevent the occurrence of cancer.
- Pepper helps in combating gastrointestinal diseases.
- It prevents bacterial diseases, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Pepper if used in dishes helps remove phlegm from the body.
- Pepper improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- Phytonutrients present in pepper breaks down excess fat.
Health benefits of vegetable broth
- A good way to provide nutrients to your body.
- It is a healthy alternative for people who can’t eat raw foods.
- It helps flush out wastes from your body.
- Vegetable broth energies your body.
- It promotes longevity.