4 cups fresh tomatoes, blended
¼ cup raisins
2 Tbsp. ghee
1 tsp. cumin seeds
2 to 3 cloves
4 to 5 bay leaves
2 Tbsp. grated ginger
¼ tsp. asafoetida
½ tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. garam masala
1 to 2 tsp. salt
½ cup cashews (ground in coffee grinder or blender)
¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
3 cups hot water
Add ghee to saucepan and heat on medium flame.
Add raisins for 30 seconds, then remove raisins from ghee and keep separate.
To the ghee, add cumin seeds until brown.
Add grated ginger, bay leaves, asafoetida, turmeric, garam masala, and stir a few times.
Add blended tomatoes and salt. Stir and cover. Keep on medium flame, and boil for 15-20 minutes.
After 15-20 minutes, while stirring, add raisins, ground cashews, and sugar.
Slowly pour in the 3 cups of hot water and stir for 3-5 minutes.
Add fried balls, stir, and cover for 5 minutes.
Turn off flame, and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
Kofta gravy is a delicious dish and is packed with flavours and offers good nutritional benefits. The healthy kofta curry is fat-free; no cholesterol yet is very delicious to eat. The curry is easy to prepare and is blended with various healthy ingredients.
Benefits of tomato
- Fresh tomatoes are low in carbs.
- They are a good source of several vitamins and minerals.
- Lycopene in tomatoes controls the growth of cancer cells.
- Tomatoes contain 110mg of calcium which is good for your bones.
- Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin A and vitamin C.
- It can prevent heart-related diseases.
- It controls blood sugar levels.
- Tomatoes are loaded with fiber which helps prevents constipation.
- It helps your body to remain energized and healthy.
- It helps to burn fat.
Benefits of Raisins
- Fibers in raisins keep the toxins and waste products out of the system.
- Raisins help reduce acidity and prevent heart diseases.
- The copper present in raisins helps in the production of red blood cells.
- Raisins help in protecting the body against free radicals.
- They exhibit antibacterial properties that help lower the risk of fever and kill the bacteria.
Benefits of asafoetida
- Help reduce bloating and other stomach problems.
- Asafoetida helps in lowering blood pressure levels.
- It alleviates menstrual pain and cramps.
- Anti-inflammatory properties in it reduce headaches.
- Anti-bacterial properties inhibit the growth of pimples and rashes.
Benefits of cloves
- Helps regulate blood sugar.
- It may help reduce oxidative stress and protects the liver.
- The antimicrobial properties which kill harmful bacteria.
- Cloves may reduce cancer cell growth.
- It promotes bone health.