-1 cup plain yogurt
-1/2 cup milk
-1 cup chopped ripe mango
-4 teaspoons honey or sugar, more or less to taste
-A dash of ground cardamom (optional)
-Put mango, yogurt, milk, sugar and cardamom into a blender and blend for 2 minutes.
-If you want a more milkshake consistency, either blend in some ice as well or serve over ice cubes.
-Sprinkle a tiny pinch of ground cardamom to serve.
-The lassi can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
A favourite drink at Indian restaurants, they’re easy to make at home. Lassis come in all kinds of flavours, some are salty, some are sweet, some have mint and some have fruit. Mango lassi is basically a yogurt-based mango milkshake or smoothie. Mango's orange colour is a sign of beta-carotene which is a tonic for your skin, eyes & liver. Its sweetness invites happiness and a smile while nourishing qualities authentically replenish your body after summer heat leaves you feeling depleted. When its time to celebrate, this satisfying treat will delight you and your friends.
Health benefits of Mango
- Mangoes could help facilitate healthy digestion.
-It promotes a healthy gut.
- The powerful antioxidant helps boost the immune system and prevents cold/flu.
- It may also help promote your eye health.
-It could help regulate your cholesterol levels.
Health benefits of Yogurt
-It provides almost every nutrient that your body needs.
-It is very high in protein.
- It boosts digestive health by reducing the symptoms of common gastrointestinal disorders.
- It may strengthen your immune system.
- It increases the good cholesterol in your body and benefits your heart health.
Health benefits of Milk
-It is lighter and easily digestible.
-A good source of protein and calcium.
-It may help reduce the risk of hypertension.
-It is a good source of vitamin B, which ensures healthy functioning of the brain.
-It is a good source of potassium, which enhances vasodilation and reduces blood pressure.
Health benefits of Honey
-It is low in vitamins and minerals but may be high in some plant compounds.
-It is loaded with antioxidants which lower the blood pressure level.
- It improves heart disease risk factors in people with diabetes.
- It promotes burn and wound healing.
- It can help suppress coughs in children.
Health benefits of Cardamom
- It helps in activating our taste and sensory elements and thus, aid digestion.
- Cardamom is packed with antioxidants.
- Cardamoms make it a natural breath freshener.
- It increases the blood circulation in your body and especially to your lungs.
- It may help in treating sleep issues such as insomnia, restlessness, and anxiety.