Pasta with Zucchini
230 g dried pasta
¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil or ghee
Pinch of hing (optional)
200 g French or green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
320 g zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of hing (optional)
¾ cup (90 g) dry bread crumbs
¾ cup (180 ml) finely-chopped fresh basil
½ cup (120 ml) finely-chopped flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup (60 ml) minced fresh mint
A pinch of Black pepper powder
Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
Heat the ghee or oil with the hing in a skillet over low heat. Add the French or green beans, cover, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the zucchini or summer squash sprinkle with liquid seasoning or salt, cover, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Heat the second amount of oil in a skillet. Add the hing and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the bread crumbs and sauté, stirring constantly, until golden brown and crisp.
Add the basil, parsley, mint, and a sprinkling of black pepper, and stir. Toss with the pasta and vegetables. Adjust the seasoning.
This ayurvedic pasta with zucchini is a tri-doshic recipe. The combination of ingredients in this ayurvedic pasta recipe nourishes and balances Pitta and equally balances kapha. Because of the oil, it could also be considered within range for vata.
Benefits of zucchini
- Zucchini is low in carbohydrates and is in high in fiber.
- Zucchini improves heart health by lowering hypertension.
- It is a good source of vitamin A which improves eye health.
- It has a good amount of insoluble dietary fiber that reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Zucchini helps lower cholesterol.
- Zucchini aids digestion.
- Zucchini lowers blood pressure.
- Zucchini promotes stronger bones and teeth.
- Zucchini promotes prostate health.
- Zucchini encourages skin health by reducing inflammation.
Benefits of ghee
- Helps you keep warm from within.
- Ghee contains energy boosting properties.
- Ghee is a source of good fat.
- It is an ideal pick to support the health of the intestinal walls.
- It keeps constipation at bay.
- Ghee is good for lowering bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol.
Benefits of Hing
- Reduces Bloating, flatulence, gas and irritable bowel syndrome
- Helps relieve Asthma
- Helps lower Blood pressure
- Treats Headaches Naturally
- Provides relief from respiratory infections
- Treats stomach disorders as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Black Pepper
- Pepper helps to prevent the occurrence of cancer.
- Pepper helps in combating gastrointestinal diseases.
- It prevents bacterial diseases, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Pepper if used in dishes helps remove phlegm from the body.
- Pepper improves blood circulation throughout the body.