Spicy Watermelon Soup
-Watermelon – Chopped
-Ginger- Garlic Paste
-Mint – chopped
-Sauté the ginger-garlic paste and the chilli flakes in a little olive oil. Set aside to cool.
-Puree the watermelon and the mint in a blender until thoroughly blended. Add the watermelon puree into the saucepan with the ginger-garlic and chilli flakes, and simmer, until it thickens a little bit. Season well and then let it cool for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
-You can add a couple of ice cubes into the soup, spoon over some olive oil and serve garnished with a sprig of mint. This is a soup that is best eaten the same day of preparation.
The month of water shortages and horrid heat-strokes have arrived. What do you think of a spicy summery than a crisp, chilled fruit soup! This chilled watermelon soup is a savior of the hot season. Yogurt, watermelon, cucumber, pumpkin and all gourds are considered to be cooling ingredients according to Ayurveda. All the fruits and vegetables have water content in it. Soup on its own, because of its high water content is ultra-hydrating - very useful since perspiration wicks all the moisture from your body during the hot season.
Health benefits of Watermelon
- It has high water content.
- It is a low-calorie fruit high in some nutrients, especially carotenoids, vitamin C and cucurbitacin E.
- It has several heart-healthy components, including lycopene, other vitamins and minerals.
- It may lower inflammation and oxidative stress.
- It may help relieve muscle soreness.
Health benefits of Ginger
- It is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- It can help prevent various types of nausea.
- It may reduce muscle pain and soreness.
- It lowers blood sugar levels and improves various heart disease risk factors in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- It can help treat chronic indigestion.
Health benefits of Garlic
- It is highly nutritious but has very few calories.
- It helps prevent and reduce the severity of common illnesses like the flu and common cold.
- The active compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure.
- Improves cholesterol levels, which may lower the risk of heart disease.
- It contains antioxidants that may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Health benefits of Mint
-It soothes upset stomach.
- It helps in proper digestion.
- It combats the common cold and flu.
- Improves mental awareness and focus.
- The antispasmodic properties in it can treat the feelings of nausea and prevent vomiting.
Health benefits of chilli flakes
-The hot flakes may boost your metabolism.
- They help clear your congestion during cold and flu.
- It helps prevent the spread of prostate cancer in men.
- It helps in control weight.
- It contains vitamin A, which helps to keep your immune system healthy.