Top 5 best kept secrets of Ayurveda for great health and fitness
Due to the modern lifestyle, we have become a generation of go-getters and pill poppers. This is because most of us want to remain fit for life in a short time. But, to achieve that, we are ready to try any formula that guarantees several healthy years to life.
While doing so, we neglect the benefits sought from the traditional recipes of our grandmothers. But, Ayurveda has not forgotten these benefits. They understand the importance of these home remedies and their secret in maintaining good health.
Why is Ayurveda important? (Ayurveda Benefits)
Ayurveda is for good health. It is a pristine and the oldest form of science that brings your body, mind and soul in harmony. This ancient healthcare focuses on life, longevity and overall well-being - the kind that our ancestors lived. It is based on diagnostic measures, food that acts as internal medicine and body treatment.
Ayurveda offers several remedies that bring about balance in your doshas and contribute towards your overall wellness. But, just taking the remedy, you cannot achieve good health. There are other things like a combination of medicinal plants, spices with detoxification value, specific diet and lifestyle changes to re-balance body, mind and spirit. The ingredients present in most of the Ayurvedic home remedies boost immunity and fight off infections.
Benefits of Ayurvedic home remedies- Grandma Recipes
The best part of Ayurvedic home remedies is that they are simple to use and prepare. Also, you can fetch the ingredients easily from the kitchen and administer them effectively with no harm to your health. Anything that has medicinal use and is readily available may be used as a home remedy. Some examples include clove, cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, fennel, rock salt, turmeric, coriander, ginger, honey, licorice, garlic, onion, holy basil and mint. Even exercises, massaging techniques and detoxification therapies are known as home remedies. In some cases, a well-balanced diet can also be a home remedy to reduce the symptoms.
Here are some best-kept health secrets of Ayurveda. Let us understand them.
Ayurveda secrets for good health
1. To boost immunity
- During winters, one of the remedies to improve immunity in children is to rub jaiphal in a little milk and give it to them.
- Also, ginger tea can help keep away cold and cough in adults. So, to prepare ginger tea, you need to boil ginger, tulsi and a little green tea.
- Your body’s resistance can increase against infections if you daily eat 5-6 Holy basil (Tulsi) leaves with 2-3 peppercorns and a teaspoon of honey.
- Soak almonds overnight. Make a paste with some honey and eat daily.
2. For sore throat, cold and cough
- Here is the recipe of a kadha that is good for your throat. Bring two cups of water to a boil, add ½ tsp crushed ginger, ¼ tsp crushed peppercorns, a handful of Holy Basil (Tulsi) leaves, a pinch of turmeric, a stick of cinnamon and four cloves. Allow it to simmer. Next, stain and add honey.
- Take warm water, add one tsp of rock salt and gargle.
- Take 4-6 black pepper seeds, add a teaspoon of honey and mix it thoroughly. Take it several times a day to get relief from cough.
- Soak about 5-8 almonds in water overnight. After removing the skin, grind them into a fine paste and add 20 grams of butter and sugar to this paste. Take this paste two times a day to get rid of cough.
- Boil 5-10 gms small slices of ginger in a glass of water for five minutes and add a teaspoonful of sugar. Strain and drink this tea 4-6 times a day to get instant relief from the common cold.
3. For acidity and gas
- Dissolve a pinch of asafetida in a hot cup of water. Once it is cold, drink this water.
- Take 100 gms cumin, 50 gms fenugreek and 100 gms fennel seeds and dry roast them. Once they cool down, make powder and take 1 tsp with water before bed. This will prevent flatulence and acidity.
- For immediate relief, take a spoonful of Ajwain seeds along with a cup of lukewarm water.
4. For joint pains
- Take mustard oil and massage the affected joint.
- Make powder of dried ginger, black pepper, black salt and take a teaspoonful of this mixture with water.
5. For weight loss
- Your digestive system should be powerful and active to speed up weight loss. One of the easiest tips for weight loss is to sip warm water throughout the day.
Maharishi Ayurveda products are similar to home remedies but with an extra touch. They are free from harmful side effects, are prevention oriented and capable of eliminating the disease and its source. The basis of Maharishi Ayurveda lies in prevention and in strengthening the body’s inner intelligence to maintain perfect health. Let us know them in detail.
Maharishi Amrit Kalash (Ayurveda to boost Immunity)
Maharishi Amrit Kalash is one of the well known Super Rasayanas for daily health and longevity. It is a well-researched Ayurvedic proprietary Rasayana that is enriched with the goodness and synergistic combination of 53 time-tested natural herbs and minerals. Maharishi Amrit Kalash is extensively researched, clinically tested and proven at globally renowned institutions.
Maharishi Amrit Kalash promotes Bala, or vital strength, that helps the body fight back disease.
It nourishes the seven tissues (dhatus) — nutritional fluid, blood, muscle, fat, bone, bone marrow and reproductive fluid, which eventually leads to Ojas or vitality.
Maharishi Amrit Kalash enhances the innate intelligence of the body and boosts immunity, slows premature ageing, improves vitality, de-stresses, detoxifies and improves mental alertness by restoring your inner balance better than anyone else.
Dosage: 10 gms of Maharishi Amrit Kalash Paste preferably with milk followed half an hour later with 1 Maharishi Amrit Kalash tablet in the morning. Same dosage to be repeated in the evening.
Amlant (Ayurveda for acidity)
Balancing your digestion and elimination is a speciality of Maharishi Ayurveda, and many of our herbal formulas are designed to do just that. Of these, the most effective is the combination of Amlant. It works as 100% ayurvedic medicine that provides consistent care to protect you from unpleasant side effects of food.
Dosage: Amlant: 1 to 2 tablets twice a day
Triphala: 2 tablets once or twice daily
Glucomap is a rational combination of herbal hypoglycaemias known since ages and duly accredited by laboratory and clinical studies. This Ayurvedic formulation has both pancreatic as well as extra pancreatic action (Momordica cherantia and Eugenia jambolana).
Dosage: 1-2 Tablets twice a day or as directed by the physician.
Pirant Tablet (Ayurveda for joiny pain)
Pirant effectively relieves acute and chronic inflammation of joints. It provides relief from pain and morning stiffness. Pirant tablets relax muscles and reduce inflammatory swelling in arthralgic joints. It also strengthens the synovial membrane and cartilage tissue of the joint and neutralizes the toxic effect of ama (basic causes of inflammation of joints)
Dosage: 2 tablets thrice a day or as directed by the physician.
Pirant Balm (Ayurveda for joint pain)
Pirant Balm is made from a unique combination of Pain relief Herbalized oil, which helps to cure any pain instantly
Dosage: Rub on the head, back, sprain and shoulder for pain relief.
Pirant Oil (Ayurveda for joint pain)
Pirant oil is recommended for topical application in addition to systemic therapy with Pirant tablets or other anti-inflammatory drugs. In both acute and chronic afflictions, Pirant oil relaxes muscles and reduces inflammatory swelling in arthralgia joints.
Dosage: To be massaged gently over the inflamed area, 2 to 3 times a day.
Guggul as an ayurvedic medicine has gained popularity by its Sanskrit name “Guggulu,” which means, “protects from disease". It is an essential herb in the ayurvedic tradition for over two thousand years. Guggul promotes healthy tissues and rejuvenates them by eliminating toxins.
Dosage: 1-2 tablets twice a day with water after meal or as advised by the physician
Be Trim Tea (Ayurveda for weight loss)
Be Trim Tea is the best detox tea for weight loss in India.The precise blend of Gymnema, Cinnamon, Peppermint and other ingredients promote healthy fat metabolism which makes it one of the best teas for weight loss.
Similar to above, Maharishi Ayurveda has a range of products that can strengthen your holistic health. To know more about them, click here.
Ayurveda for healthy life!