There’s no doubt in it that most of us kick-start our morning with a fresh hot cup of tea or coffee. But it is a good habit if you drink warm water after getting out of bed. But we generally tend to prefer drinking cold water. According to Ayurveda if you regularly take warm water, especially in the morning, it can heal our body, providing digestive power and reduces the metabolic waste that could have built up in our immune system. Blend lemon with lukewarm water to boost vitamin C in your body and lead you towards a healthy life. Here are a few benefits that warm water has on your body.
- Improves Digestion- Warm water is a natural body regulator. When you drink a glass of warm water in the morning it can help cleanse your body by flushing out toxins. Warm water helps break down the food in the stomach and keeps the digestive system on track. Taking cold water during or after meal solidifies the oil and fat present in the foods consumed by you and it creates a fat deposit in your intestine and makes digestion more difficult. You should better replace that glass of cold water with a warm water to aid digestion, especially after eating a meal.
- Detoxifies the body- The foremost advantage of drinking hot water is the ultimate detoxification of your body. At one point or the other many of us suffer from stomach problems. The strain felt during elimination, accompanied by bloating, is brought on by the lack of water in the body. Developing a habit of taking warm water in the morning and late at night helps your body temperature to rise, due to which you sweat and it helps flush the toxic material out of your internal system. By squeezing a lemon and adding a few drops of honey can benefit your body in multiple ways.
- Halt's premature ageing- This is one of the worst nightmares a woman can have. The toxins present in the body can make ageing faster a reality. When our body accumulates toxins, it becomes prone to illness and ageing. Warm water helps cleanse the body from those toxins and repairs skin cells, which can lead to an increase in the elasticity of your skin.
- Help shed extra pounds-Do you have extra pounds you want to shed? Do you know warm water can help you shed those extra pounds you’ve stored? Warm water increases body temperature and activates your metabolism rate. An increase in metabolic activity gives the body the ability to burn more calories throughout the day. So if you’re on a diet, you should consume a glass of warm water every day in the morning, which helps your body to break down the body fat and warm water with lemon juice helps control food cravings as lemon contains pectin fibre. Warm water is an excellent solution for losing weight.
- Calms nervous system and improves circulation –It’s a common thing in life that we deal with aches or cramps as well as things that make us panic or stress out. Drinking warm water calms and soothes your nervous system. It relaxes you and relieves you from pain and you might end up feeling less anxious. You can even take a warm bath it’s like spending some time at the spa. It relaxes your tense muscles and helps your arteries and veins to expand and carry blood more effectively throughout your body. Healthy blood flow affects everything from your blood pressure to your risk of getting cardiovascular disease. It’s a bonus if you drink a glass of warm water or bathe at night, as it helps you relax and prepare you for a stress-free sleep.
- Alleviates menstrual cramps-Warm water is considered to be nature’s most powerful remedy to alleviate pain from menstruation to headaches. The heat from the water has a calming and soothing effect on the abdominal muscles, which helps provide instant relief for cramps and muscle spasms. It is recommended that warm water is usually better for cramps, as warm liquids increase blood flow to the skin and help relax the cramped muscles.