Blazing heat, sweaty bodies and dehydration all indicate the arrival of summer. With the rise in temperature, it is important to pay attention to our health or else one can suffer many consequences. Maintaining our diets according to the weather will help keep one fresh and nourished during this testing season. It is all-important to make sure you are eating the right foods and exercising the right way to fitness and health. Restore and replenish your skin and physical health with our amazing healthy tips to survive the sweltering summer this year.
- Snatch on some seasonal fruits and vegetables – These days all types of fruits and vegetables are available all-year round. However, consuming fresh seasonal foods have their own charm and health benefits. It is always recommended for you to pick freshly harvested foods to extract the benefits they have to offer.
- Keep yourself hydrated – Drinking water is extremely important as it keeps your body hydrated and helps in better functioning. Make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water. Not drinking enough water can lead you to chronic fatigue linked up to long standing dehydration. The cells in the body require water to carry out normal enzymatic activities. If you’re dehydrated, it gets difficult for the cells to produce the energy your body needs to keep moving. Water can help get rid of fatigue or pull you out of low-energy levels.
- Retrench your meal – In hot weather, the stomach takes a longer time to digest food and it even does not allow you to load on too many foods. You should prefer having lighter meals rather than having heavy ones, especially during the night.
- Consume more cooling foods – Load up on more body cooling foods and more hydrating foods that will help you keep going in this heat. Consume more watermelon, sesame, coconut water, cucumber, mint, fennel seeds etc.
- Cut on cold beverages and choose fresh juices instead – summers make you thirsty more often, which makes us drink cold beverages and energy drinks that are hazardous for health in the long run. And so you must quench your thirst with fresh fruit juices which not only give fuels your body with energy are delicious in taste too.
- Hygiene is the key to a healthy body – Be sure of what you eat or drink on is clean and hygienic. You are prone to get bacterial infections from the utensils used in stalls, restaurant and even at home. Always ensure they are properly rinsed and you must wash your hands before eating.