Today’s woman plays numerous roles, not just as a daughter, wife and a mother, but also as a business leader, entrepreneur, educator and inventor! Amidst all the roles a woman plays, she overlooks her health completely, which is generally not on her priority list and goes unnoticed until it’s too late. Being healthy isn’t easy, but it can get a lot easier. If you just sit back and take a break and focus on your health every single day. There are so many little things you can do in your day to day that add up over time, not only helping you feel great at the moment but also ensuring you still feel top-notch down the road. Women have distinctive health needs that change throughout their lives and are more likely to be diagnosed with certain diseases than men. For every poky illness you cannot visit a doctor, instead, you can follow some easy health tips that every woman should know. These health tips will help you keep up with your health and fitness along with the diet.
Loads up on lots of water
Rightly said, water is a solution for all your health problems; it is a natural way to flush out the hazardous toxins produced in the body due to poor eating habits and sedentary lifestyle. Drinking water day in and day out is super important for your body. The water you consume every day plays an important role in maintaining a healthy body. Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks. It is recommended that women should drink 90 ounces (11 cups) of fluids per day. Dehydration causes the skin to become dry and it may look dull. Staying hydrated is essential for your skin to stay radiant, prevent acne and to generally look and function at its best. Enough amount of water is very essential for the proper functioning of your body. You can always keep a bottle of water on your desk at work, or a jug full of water at home can help you drink more.
Stay active during work
Many of us women have jobs that require us to sit at desks or around conference tables for several hours per day. Research demonstrates that sitting for long hours’ slow down your metabolism, which affects the body’s ability to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar, as well as break down body fat. You can inculcate physical activity into your working day could reduce some of the health risks that are elevated by being sedentary. When you sit, you use less energy than you do when you stand or move. It is suggested not to sit in one position, continuously change your postures, always keep your back straight while sitting, do not sit for long hours walk from your desk to the other or you can stand up intermittently while working. All these habits can help you stay healthy while you’re at work and can prevent illness.
Effective exercise pattern
Physical activity or exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases and can have immediate and long-term health benefits. A minimum of 30 minutes a day can allow you to stay fit. Exercise improves both the strength and the efficiency of your cardiovascular system to get the oxygen and nutrients to your muscles. It increases blood flow and oxygen levels in the brain. It also improves body’s ability to pump the oxygen and nutrients around your body that are required to fuel the cells that fight bacteria and viruses. Switch to your regular exercise schedule, practice yoga asanas, aerobics, stretching, avoids lift and use stairs to climb up stairs or cycle for about 30 minutes. These effective exercise patterns if followed daily can bring necessary healthy changes to you.
It is an extreme form of concentration. It allows your mind to focus on one thing and detaches you from all worldly things. Stress and anxiety result when we feel we can’t handle the pressures and adverse situations of everyday life. Meditation is a simple technique, if practised for as few as 10 minutes every day, can help control stress, decrease anxiety, improve cardiovascular health and achieve a greater capacity for relaxation. Meditation not only soothes away the stress but lowers your blood pressure, boost up your immunity & reduces the PMS symptoms too.
Simplify your life
Happiness should be the key priority and the main purpose of the life of every human being. You shouldn’t follow the myth that you should not treat every day as life and death. You should keep it basic with the relaxed environment around. Stay in the company of cheerful people, take breaks from your work, visit serene places and relax your mind and body. Maintain a simple daily routine and do not skip on your routine. It is recommended to take proper 7-8 hours of sleep to relax your body and also rest and restore the mind. Do not stare at your electronic devices before bed, it can affect your sleeping. Don’t indulge yourself in work before bedtime, as our brain requires time for working to induce proper sleep.
Choosing healthy foods and drinks more often can help prevent or manage many health problems that affect women in many ways. A healthy diet has been scientifically proven to provide numerous health benefits, such as reducing your risk of several chronic diseases and keeping your body healthy. Include these given health tips for women to maintain your overall health.
- Do not skip your first meal- breakfast. Consume protein-packed breakfast to be energized throughout the day.
- Include iron and calcium-rich food like green leafy vegetables, almonds, walnuts, cashew, eggs, milk, beans, green gram, pulses etc. in your diet.
- The anti-inflammatory properties present in omega 3 fatty acid rich food like plant seeds, nuts, fish helps in reducing joint pain. It also lowers the level of depression, which women commonly face during the shorter days of winter.
- Mushroom in winters is best to add in meals as it is a potent antibiotic natural and boosts up your immunity.
- Use turmeric, it contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties which benefit people with heart problems.
Foods that is rich in Calcium:
- Seeds that are nutritional powerhouses: Poppy seeds, sesame seeds, celery, chia seeds
- Cheese is an excellent source of calcium; Parmesan cheese has the most cheese with 331 mg
- Yogurt contains 30% of the RDI for calcium
- Of all nuts, almonds are among the highest in calcium.
- Dark, leafy greens are incredibly healthy and some of them are high in calcium.
Foods that is rich in Vitamin D:
- Mushrooms are an excellent source of vitamin D2
- A glass of orange juice contains 142 IU of vitamin D
- Cow’s milk is fortified with vitamin D and usually contains 130 IU per cup(237ml)
- A ½ cup of cereals and oatmeal contains 55 – 154 IU of Vitamin D
Foods that is rich in Omega3:
- Soybeans are quite rich in Omega-3 fats.
- Chia seeds are rich in omega-3
- Flaxseeds are considered to be a superfood and are the richest source of Omega-3
- Walnuts are loaded with Omega-3; about 7 walnuts contains 2,542 mg of Omega-3
Women are the pillars of a happy family and a progressive nation. They bring life into the world. It is essential for all the multi-taskers out there to take control of their health as well. The health tips for women as mentioned above will add up to the entire efforts in living a healthy life.
Maharishi Ayurveda brings you Raktda, a solution that maintains hemoglobin levels naturally, boosts energy and restores skin & hair health. It provides you the strength to get the most out of life and achieve your dreams.