India has been reporting around 10,000 new Covid cases daily. According to reports, 940 million adults have received at least a single dose of the Covid vaccine.
Things were starting to quiet down a bit when the recent emergence of the new variant of Covid-19 was reported. Initially called B.1.1.529 and now Omicron by the WHO, this new variant is another cause for concern.
With a few cases that have already been reported in India with the new Omicron variant, the question that is hitting everyone’s mind -Is this the start of the Covid-19 3rd wave? And- How to prevent Covid 3rd wave in India?
People still remember the massive devastation caused by the second wave of Covid-19 where hospitals ran out of beds, medical supplies and oxygen.
So, let us find out the treatment approach, medications and other tips that Ayurveda has to offer for Covid-19 third wave management.
Common symptoms of Covid-19 third wave in India
The most common symptoms that can be seen in people during the 3rd wave are:
- Persistent cough
- Myalgia-Pain in muscles
- Weakness and fatigue
- Brain fog
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Ear pain
- Runny discharge from the eyes
- Breathing trouble
Can Ayurveda help in mitigating the symptoms of 3rd wave of Covid-19?
According to the ancient science of Ayurveda, COVID-19 is a janapadodhwamsa vikara (epidemic disease).
Charak Samhita describes an epidemic as a situation where the environmental conditions are disturbed. These might include the air, water, land and seasons. This can lead to the manifestation of disease like conditions that have the power to affect a large part of the population.
The state of disease is also known as “Roga”. In the covid-19 pandemic, the most common symptoms are jwara (fever), svasa (respiratory distress) and kasa (cough) which belong to the roga marga (pathways of disease). The severity of this disease can also cause death in many cases.
The major area of the body affected by Covid-19 is primarily Uras (chest region).
These common symptoms imply that Coronavirus disease is Agantuja Sannipataja Jwara, which is of Vata-Kapha predominance.
This jwara can be classified as being agantu (external) caused by Bhoota Abhishanga that has the power to aggravate all three doshas. Since all the three doshas are aggravated and are in an imbalanced state, it is labeled Sannipata. Covid-19 can be understood in Ayurveda under the Bhoota abhishanga classification. According to Ayurveda, agantu jwara is to be treated as a nija jwara caused by an imbalance of doshas.
To deal with newly identified diseases, Ayurveda recommends a holistic approach rather than focusing on its attributes.
Despite the patient experiencing multiple symptoms such as high fever, severe body pain, dry cough, fatigue, breathing trouble etc, further progression of Covid-19 can be arrested by exclusively relying on Ayurvedic medicines.
Ayurveda recommends three types of therapeutic intervention namely, Ayurvedic medicines, diet and daily regimen. The patients need to go for self-quarantine from the first day of fever till a time period of 14 days is over. Also, Ayurveda medicines are given in two stages of the condition, i.e fever and convalescence.
Ayurveda Diet Recommendations:
You can take Rice porridge, Yusha and Bhakta. Include milk and ghee in preparations. Meals should be prepared fresh and must be warm in nature.
Ayurveda Regimen to be followed:
Avoid daytime sleeping (Divaswapna) and keeping awake at night (Ratri jagarana). Rest as much as you can for better recovery.
Sudarsana Churna: Highly potent classical medicine that can balance all the three doshas; cures all types of fevers including Agantuja jwara, Sannipata jwara etc.
Dhanvantara Gutika: Best for healing the lungs and respiratory system, cures Svasa, Kasa; Vaataanulomana (aiding the normal flow of vayu)
Talisadi Churna: Can cure Jwara, svasa, kasa, aruchi (loss of taste); Deepanam (stimulates digestion).
Coro-Fight Kit: This is a combination of time-tested Ayurvedic formulations that work on balancing the Vata-Kapha dosha in the body. Balancing the three doshas is important to bring the body elements in equilibrium and create an optimum atmosphere for the body to heal itself.
Coro-Fight Kit contains Ayur-defense AV, Giloy Ghanvati, Prandhara, Ayush Kwath and Anu Taila. All these formulations work synergistically to-
- Supports Respiratory Health
- Improves Innate Immunity of the body to fight viral and bacterial infections
- Balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Doshas
- The Ayurvedic formulation of Ayur Defence AV helps fight usual flu-like symptoms e.g. fever, runny nose, difficulty in breathing, cough etc. It also reduces improperly-digested impurities (ama), improves circulation, reduces microbial load, balances excess mucus production and soothes blocked or runny nose. In addition to this, Ayur Defence AV manages issues like Mild fever, Dry throat, Muscle pain, Fatigue etc.
- Giloy Ghan Vati supports Immunity and digestion and is beneficial in all types of fevers. It also helps in detoxifying the body and improves digestion.
- Ayush Kwath supports immunity and soothes a sore throat. This herbal and spice combination aids in fighting against viral Infections by supporting Prana and Udana.
- Prandhara manages everyday respiratory issues such as cold and cough. It is great for Respiratory Allergies, Headaches, Nasal Congestion, Sinusitis etc.
- Anu Taila reduces nasal congestion and lubricates the nasal passage. It helps in balancing the aggravated Kapha dosha by supporting respiratory Immunity.
Simple and effective tips of preventing 3rd wave of covid-19
These are the simple tips that you need to follow at all times to stay safe from Covid-19 3rd wave or any other new variant of this virus:
Hope these simple tips and Ayurvedic treatment approach helps you in Covid-19 third wave management naturally. It is always recommended to work on your innate immunity so that your body acts as a fortress against these new and mutated variants of viral diseases. So, keep a positive mind set and prepare in advance for any upcoming Covid-19 wave.