11 oz (300 grams) beet (or other root vegetables)
5 oz (150 grams) carrots
½ piece/4 oz (100 grams) red pepper
2 oz (50 grams) hazelnuts; chop in half or chop coarsely
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon ghee/olive oil/coconut oil
2/3 cup (150 ml) jasmine rice
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups (300 ml) water
- Peel and dice the vegetables.
- Put the vegetables, pepper, nuts, thyme and fat in a pot, and fry for one minute.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the washed rice, water and salt. Allow the rice to absorb the water for 10 minutes while the batter is prepared.
- Cover the pot and cook the rice at low heat for approx. 12 minutes.
7 oz (200 grams) white spelt flour/wholemeal wheat flour
2 oz (50 grams) whole meal spelt flour/wholemeal wheat flour
1 tablespoon ghee/olive oil/coconut oil + fat for frying
1 teaspoon salt
2½ cups (600 ml) water
½ cup (125 ml) junket or yoghurt (optional)
- Put the flour, fat and salt into a bowl. Slowly add the water while whisking. Put fat in a non-stick frying pan (important!) and spread some batter in a thin layer. Fry the pancakes for a couple of minutes on each side at medium heat.
- Spread 1/8 of the filling on each pancake and add approx. 1 tablespoon of junket or yogurt. Roll or fold the pancakes and place them on a platter.
Stuffed pancakes are loaded with many nutritional benefits. This one favourite dish is a must added dish on your daily diet routine.
Health benefits of Beetroot
- Helps lower blood pressure
- It is low in calories and has virtually no fat
- Protects your liver from toxins
- Is a good source of folate
- Boosts endurance during your workout
- Improves digestion
- Beets are a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protect cells, proteins and enzymes from environmental stress
- Rich in valuable nutrients and fiber
- Supports in detoxification and helps purify the blood
- The powerful phytonutrients that give their colour may help to ward off cancer
Health benefits of Carrot
- Carrots contain antioxidants, which may protect against cancer
- Vitamin A in carrots helps prevent vision loss
- Antioxidants and phytochemicals in carrots may help regulate blood sugar
- Carrots contain vitamin C, this helps boost the immune system and prevent disease
- Carrots increase satiety and decrease calorie intake
Health benefits of Red pepper
- They contain phytonutrients which have powerful antioxidants that counter environmental toxins
- Red peppers provide 300% of daily vitamin C intake
- They help in treating and preventing inflammation
- It is an excellent source of vitamin A that supports healthy eyesight
- Red peppers aid in weight loss
Health benefits of Hazelnuts
- Hazelnuts are loaded with nutrients and healthy fats
- Hazelnuts provide a significant amount of antioxidants
- The high concentration of antioxidants and healthy fats increase antioxidant potential and lowers cholesterol levels in the blood
- It may help prevent and decrease inflammation
- It contains several compounds that may help lower blood sugar levels