Have you ever found yourself marveling at the radiant skin of celebrities or people around you? Well, the answer to their seemingly flawless complexion and youthful look is rather straightforward. They have certain skincare habits that they adhere to regularly.
First and foremost, it's important to remember that having beautifully glowing skin is not solely determined by genetics. Various factors beyond genetics heavily influence their skin's appearance. The dietary and lifestyle habits of these individuals, the environment they're exposed to, and what they put on their skin - all such factors play a crucial role in how their skin looks and feels.
They Always Use Natural Skincare Products
Scientific evidence now supports the use of natural skin care products as a safer and more beneficial alternative to synthetic products. Unlike their synthetic counterparts, natural products can nourish your skin deeply and detoxify the skin cells of pollutants, without any harmful side effects. For instance, people with great skin prefer to use natural formulations like Kumkumadi Tailum for maintaining its glow and youthful appearance. Instead of chemical-based cleansers they also use homemade ubtans and organic neem soap. Such products detoxify the skin cells from pollutants, clear acne, and pimples, keep the skin hydrated, and enhance the natural glow, all without exposing them to harmful chemicals.
Leaving makeup on while sleeping leads to clogged pores and breakouts hinders skin’s renewal process, and even causes signs of ageing. It is even found that leaving mascara overnight on the skin can cause eyelid cysts. So, it is recommended to remove makeup thoroughly, cleanse the skin properly, and follow a skincare regimen before heading to bed.
They Follow a Regular Nighttime Skincare Routine
The process of skin regeneration takes place during the night. In addition, there’s no pollution, sun rays, or other environmental stressors at night that affects the skin during this time. So, nighttime is the perfect time to follow a proper skincare regimen. This doesn’t have to be complicated. So, here are a few steps an individual can take to create a routine:
- Cleanse and tone- Cleanse your face with natural cleaners like honey, rose water, and gram flour. You can even use a gentle herbal soap like organic neem or rose soap to remove all-day dirt, sweat, and sebum. Rose water can be used as a toner, and it’s fit for all skin types.
- Nourish & moisturise - Apply a facial oil to deeply nourish your skin, keep it moisturized, and promote its rejuvenation. For many people, Kumkumadi Tailam is a perfect choice for this purpose. This potent blend contains pure saffron and other vital herbs that work towards brightening complexion, reducing the appearance of dark spots and blemishes, and even reducing the signs of ageing. This is a perfect oil blend if you want to maintain a youthful and everlasting glow.
- Massage- Applying Kumkumadi oil is a wonderful way to improve skin health but taking a few minutes to massage your face and neck is a good idea. Gently apply the oil using your fingertips to massage these specific areas, allowing it to absorb into your skin overnight. You can even do facial yoga for glowing skin. This even helps delay signs of ageing.
They Stay Hydrated
Maintaining proper hydration is an essential aspect of good skincare practice. This involves not only external moisturization but also drinking sufficient water, as your skin is an external indicator of your overall internal health. Adequate hydration is crucial for preserving healthy and nourished skin, as it promotes long-lasting suppleness and radiance. By consuming an adequate amount of water, you can eliminate toxins from your body and achieve a clear, glowing, and healthy complexion. A general guideline is to consume at least 7-8 glasses of water each day.
They Have a Healthy Lifestyle and Dietary Habits
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle encompasses nourishing your body with clean and nutritious food, engaging in regular physical activity, prioritizing quality sleep, and other components. The foods you consume and the exercise you undertake have a direct impact on your overall health, as well as your physical appearance.
- Some foods, such as oranges and tomatoes, are rich in antioxidants that can combat free radicals and reduce cellular-level skin damage.
- Incorporating a diet rich in homemade foods, while minimizing the consumption of junk food and sugary drinks, can work wonders for your skin.
- To improve skin health, consider only natural supplements like Amrit Kalash. This potent Rasayana, 1000 times stronger than Vitamins C and E, can benefit your overall health and give your skin a natural glow while preventing premature aging.
In addition, it's essential to prioritize restful sleep of 7-8 hours each night. While you sleep, your body and skin are in a state of repair and rejuvenation, resulting in fresh and revitalized skin.\
They Keep Their Stress Levels in Check
Stress exerts negative effects on overall skin wellness. Whenever we experience stress, our body releases a hormone called cortisol. This hormone causes inflammation which aggravates skin conditions and breaks down collagen, a protein that keeps the skin firm and elastic. But there are certain things you can do to reduce cortisol levels and tame stress. This includes doing Padabhyanga(foot massage) with Vata massage oil before you bedtime, engaging in meditation or Yoga activities like Virasana (Hero pose), and Trikonasana (Triangle pose), and taking teas like Ashwagandha and Chamomile tea helps you take the stress.
In the fast-paced lives, we lead today, it can be challenging to find time for everything. Nonetheless, if you aspire to achieve the skin you desire, give some time to yourself and your skin amidst the daily hustle and bustle. Remember, taking good care of your skin is not just a beauty ritual, but an act of self-love and care that will benefit you in the long run. We hope that the tips shared in this blog prove useful in your quest to attain the beautiful, healthy skin you've always dreamed of having.