The lockdown has brought about a plethora of problems from every angle. It is safe to say that every individual has been affected by it, one way or another. The most talked-about issues are related to the business being down, market crashing, and lack of essential commodities. On the health front, everyone is worried about physical problems such as gout, iron and vitamin D deficiency and lack of immunity. They are all critical issues and have to be dealt with on priority.
What people are missing out on is the impact on mental and emotional health. While physical distancing has helped reduce the spread of the virus, the lack of social life has affected everyone at a deeper level. The scary part is that people do not realise it. The small signs are being ignored. By the time people realise that they are not their usual selves, it is more often than not quite late. Drastic measures have to be taken to bring them back to their usual selves. Stay at home but take care of yourself in a holistic way.
We need to understand the signs that call for help. Our mental health is our own to take care of. When we make it a point to take a look at ourselves, we can make sure that we are in good health in every way.
Signs that we need to pay special attention to ourselves because of staying home at all times
- Trouble sleeping: Lack of sleep is a prominent sign of anxiety. A restless mind brings sleeping disorders. This could lead to more stress and even depression.
- Change in eating patterns
- Anxiety: Loneliness can create bouts of anxiety. Being in a lockdown can make you feel the fear of missing out on various things in life.
- Stress or panic attacks: A lack of a proper routine and the restriction on mobility can bring stress as well as panic attacks. This impacts on both sleep as well as the appetite.
- A decrease in energy: The negative emotions that build up in the system tend to reduce energy levels in a big way. There is a decrease in both will-power as well as the desire to keep going.
Here are the top five tips for dealing with anxiety during this lockdown
- Eat regularly: Regular intake in nourishment provides both energy to the body and a positive vibe to the mind.
- Sleep well: Sufficient and timely sleep has a significant impact on the overall health of the body - physical, mental and emotional.
- Exercise - Maintain physical resilience and bring a feel-good psychological factor by working out regularly. Exercises reduce cortisol release and increase endorphins.
- Develop a hobby: Learning something new or developing latent skills can keep you occupied and help you feel good about yourselves.
- Stay connected: Social distancing does not mean complete isolation. Use the phone and the internet to stay in touch with friends and family.
Maharishi Ayurveda recommends healthy eating and positive thinking during these uncertain times. It is time to adopt a more natural and scientifically proven approach to take care of your health in a holistic way.
A combination of the below ayurvedic supplements can bring you the best ways to stay healthy in a complete way. Take care of your physical, mental and emotional selves with health, nutrition and immunity.
- Maharishi Amrit Kalash: This is a powerful synergy of embodied intelligence of many herbs, all promoting perfect health, bliss, longevity and the development of full human potential — enlightenment. This blend of herbs has been tested through the centuries and shown to work, and neither the herbs nor the level of care involved in selecting, picking and preparing these ancient foods are anything less than extraordinary.
- Ashwagandha: Manage your daily stress with one of the most potent natural supplements - Ashwagandha. It Improves heart health and increases energy levels. Loaded with multiple health benefits, Ashwagandha is an effective way to improve your health and quality of life.
- Chyawanprash: Holistic wellness means physical, mental and emotional health. Bring balance to all with Maharishi Ayurveda’s Chyawanprash. Get the best that nature has to give you the right way. Ensure Long life & healthy living.
- Organic Tulsi: Organic Tulsi balances Kapha and Vata doshas (mind-body types), but can slightly increase the Pitta dosha. Organic Tulsi has specific benefits for the respiratory system or pranavaha srotas. Get de-stressed and improve your respiratory wellness along with immunity.
- Transcendental Meditation: Ayurveda recommends inculcating meditation in your life. This banishes outside thoughts, focuses on internal struggles and guides you toward a state of relaxation. Transcendental Meditation is one of the key practices that help destress naturally.
Anuloma Prāṇāyāma (अनुलोम प्राणायाम) is one of several Pranayama or breathing exercises used in the practice of Hatha Yoga. While Anu roughly translates as with and Loma means hair implying "with the grain" or "natural". It is the opposite of Viloma Prāṇāyāma (विलोम प्राणायाम) which means against the grain.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Method
- Sit in any meditative posture either Sukhasana, Padmasana etc.
- The spine should be upright.
- Using the right thumb, block the right nostril.
- Keep the left nostril blocked and release the right nostril.
- Start the cycle again this time inhaling from the right nostril.
There is the actual COVID-19 that we should all beware of. And then there is the side-effect of the COVID-19 lockdown that we should always watch out for. Fighting the pandemic involves a lot of compromise at our end. While we are doing our best to stay at homes, we should ensure that our mental and emotional issues are taken care of in every way.
We at Maharishi Ayurveda are here to talk to you, understand your requirements and help you out in any way we can. This is a time for action. Be mindful of yourselves and others as well.
Contact our expert Vaidya @ 18001020230 and speak your hearts out.